Filing a Complaint


The New York State Commission on Judicial Conduct investigates complaints against judges of the NY State Unified Court System. Complaints should be in writing and signed. Complaints do not have to be sworn or notarized.

Please do not submit original records. The Commission cannot return any documents you send us with your complaint.

Commission staff will make copies of your complaint for each Commission member. It is not necessary to send multiple copies.

Also, please be aware that it is sometimes necessary for Commission staff members to call the complainant or other participants to clarify the allegations in your complaint.

To file a complaint, you can:

  • Complete our online complaint form, or
  • Send your complaint by mail by clicking below on the county where the judge holds court. Sending your complaint to the wrong office may delay our response.



New York Albany Rochester
Bronx Albany Broome Allegany Cattaraugus
Dutchess Chenango Clinton Cayuga Chautauqua
Kings (Brooklyn) Columbia Delaware Chemung Cortland
Nassau Essex Franklin Erie Genesee
New York (Manhattan) Fulton Greene Jefferson Lewis
Orange Hamilton Herkimer Livingston Madison
Putnam Montgomery Oneida Monroe Niagara
Queens Otsego Rensselaer Onondaga Ontario
Richmond (Staten Island) Saratoga Schenectady Orleans Oswego
Rockland Schoharie St. Lawrence Schuyler Seneca
Sulfolk Ulster Warren Steuben Tioga
Sullivan Washington   Tompkins Wayne
Westchester     Wyoming Yates




New York
Kings (Brooklyn)
New York (Manhattan)
Richmond (Staten Island)
Albany Broome
Chenango Clinton
Columbia Delaware
Essex Franklin
Fulton Greene
Hamilton Herkimer
Montgomery Oneida
Otsego Rensselaer
Saratoga Schenectady
Schoharie Sullivan
St. Lawrence Ulster
Warren Washington
Allegany Cattaraugus
Cayuga Chautauqua
Chemung Cortland
Erie Genesee
Jefferson Lewis
Livingston Madison
Monroe Niagara
Onondaga Ontario
Orleans Oswego
Schuyler Seneca
Steuben Tioga
Tompkins Wayne
Wyoming Yates